Death Cab for Bass: Mixtape of Songs That Inspired Nick to Play Bass
The DiS Death Cab takeover continues...
Or Death Cab for Cutie's Nick Harmer's Top Songs In No Particular Order that inspired him to become a bass player, way back when:
So, these are a selection of songs that when I heard them as a kid growing up, I knew bass was my instrument. But I will admit that it took me awhile to put the guitar down and pick up the bass... I would say, these songs sealed it for me:
- 'Summertime Rolls' Jane's Addiction
- 'Fascination Street' The Cure
- 'Gigantic' Pixies
- 'Rock The Casbah' The Clash
- 'Roundabout' Yes
- 'New Year's Day' U2
- 'Cuyahoga' R.E.M.
- 'Dazed And Confused' Led Zepplin
- 'Love Will Tear Us Apart Again' Joy Division
- 'I Wanna be Adored' The Stone Roses
- 'Money' Pink Floyd
- 'Walk On The Wild Side' Lou Reed
- 'Waiting Room' Fugazi
- 'Rio' Duran Duran
- 'Lovesong' The Cure
Seriously, check out the bass lines. Even after listening to all of these songs countless times, they all still DESTROY ME.
Listen: As a Playlist On Spotify
Lots more of our Death Cab for Cutie takeover can be found compiled here. Their new album Codes & Keys is released on May 30th in the UK and May 31st in the USA.