Yes, a Lady Gaga premiere on DiS....
Those Southend kraut-goths The Horrors aren't just snobby fans of Can, Bauhaus and Simple Minds, no siree, they've taken their crate-digging hands and reworked Gaga's 'Bloody Mary'. The result is a throbbing beast of a remix that's half-Skying, a third Mother-Monster-anthem and whatever percentage is left is the sound of underworldly beings rising up from the mist. Don't take our jumbled word for it, have a listen:
This track comes from the forthcoming release Born This Way: The Remix, which is a 14-track collection of songs from Born This Way (7/10 review) remixed by some of today's most prominent artists, DJs and producers including: Foster The People, Michael Woods, The Weeknd & Illangelo, Goldfrapp, Metronomy, Hurts, Twin Shadow and more. It's out on the 21st of November, and there's even a vinyl version of it for all you shellac loving record emporium dwellers.
The remix album tracklisting is as follows:
- Born This Way (Zedd Remix)
- Judas (Goldfrapp Remix)
- The Edge of Glory (Foster the People Remix)
- Yoü And I (Wild Beasts Remix)
- Marry the Night (The Weeknd & Ilangelo Remix)
- Black Jesus (Michael Woods Remix)
- Bloody Mary (The Horrors Remix)
- Scheiße (Guena LG Remix)
- Americano (Gregori Klosman Remix)
- Electric Chapel (Two Door Cinema Club Remix)
- Yoü And I – (Metronomy Remix)
- Judas (Hurts Remix)
- Born This Way (Twin Shadow Remix)
- The Edge of Glory (Sultan & Ned Shepard Remix)
If you missed the, here are the Wild Beasts, Metronomy and Twin Shadow remixes
And the remix lp cover, in all its gooey glory, looks like this:
Also available is the stocking-filler-friendly Born This Way: The Collection, which has the album, the remix album and a live DVD of the Monster Ball at Madison Square Garden.
DiScuss: Wot, no Cut Copy remix of 'Heavy Metal Lover'?