Competition is now closed, and winner has been notified.
The Great Escape returns next weekend to Brighton, and we have a pair of tickets to give away to one lucky winner.
Taking place from 10-12 May 2012 across 30+ venues, this years event promises another year exceptional wave of new talent swarming beneath a sea chock-full of cult heroes and indie-darlings. But then it's The Great Escape, and you know this (probably).
The Great Escape Festival 2012 features a line-up which includes: Alabama Shakes, We Are Scientists, Tribes, Grimes, Friends, Django Django, Perfume Genius, Howler, Beth Jeans Houghton & The Hooves of Destiny, Alabama Shakes, The Mystery Jets, Lianne La Havas and many mor.
Plus we've curated three nights of music which includes Ben Kweller, Eight & A Half (ex-The Stills and Broken Social Scene) and Gemma Hayes at the Komedia on the Thursday, a special DiS vs Erased Tapes records Friday night at St Mary's Church with A Winged Victory for the Sullen and Nils Frahm, and if that isn't enough, on Saturday night we'll be bringing an electronic bill of Errors, When Saints Go Machine, New Look and incredible new band The Soft to Digital on the seafront.
We have one simple question for you, and all you need to do is post your response in the comment section below:
Can you name three (or more) bands who live in or come from Brighton?
A winner will be picked a random and notified on Monday 7th of May at Midday.
For further information, tickets and the full line up please visit www.escapegreat.com.
NB. The wristbands do not include access to The Brighton Dome headline gigs and winners of this promotion will still need to purchase the £7.00 top-up wristband if they wish to attend these shows during The Great Escape.
Terms and Conditions
- A pair of guest passes (entrance only)
- Guest Passes cannot be exchanged or sold on in any way
- All minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Holders of Adults Passes may have access to the festival arena from 10 May through to 12 May, 2012.
- All guest passes are non-returnable.
- We do not offer refunds on the basis of inclement weather.
- Wristbands are collected on site and will not be replaced.
- A wristband which must be worn on the wrist at all times during your attendance at the festival.
- No animals allowed on site except guide dogs.
- No trading may be carried out on site except by The Great Escape authorised traders.
- In the event of antisocial, unruly, unsafe or illegal behaviour, or in the event of non-cooperation with event officials you may be required to leave the site and your wristband will be removed.
- Line-up is subject to change.
- Festival goers consent to being Filmed, Photographed and Recorded.