VOTING HAS CLOSED.
PLEASE CHECK THE RESULTS ON DECEMBER 14, 2007.
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR VOTES!
What a year. Granted, 2007 may not quite be over yet, but the DiS office has been flooded with releases enough – releases of incredible quality – to fill its 12 months dozens of times over. Suffice to say that cutting our favourite albums of 2007 down to just 50 took days – nay, weeks – of arguments and hissy fits.
Below is our top 50 in A-Z order, for you to vote for. A reader-voted top ten will run the week beginning December 10, and one lucky voter will receive the DiS editorial team’s top 25 records of the year as a nifty prize for taking the time to click on the buttons below. The DiS top 50 – i.e. our ordering of the below records – will run the week beginning December 3, with the top 25 analysed by our team of writers.
How the voting works
One: you must be registered with the site to place a vote. Please sign up using the link on the left.
Two: please vote for up to FIVE albums.
Three: comment below and tell us what we’ve missed, but bear in mind that we know ourselves that a number of great albums have missed the cut here… only just, too.
To read reviews of the albums below ahead of voting, just click the artist/title to link through to the assessment in question. Happy voting!
- !!! - Myth Takes
- Aesop Rock - None Shall Pass
- Andrew Bird - Armchair Apocrypha
- Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam
- Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
- Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare
- Battles - Mirrored
- Beirut - The Flying Club Cup
- Black Lips - Good Bad Not Evil
- Bloc Party - A Weekend In The City
- Blonde Redhead - 23
- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Some Loud Thunder
- Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury
- dälek - Abandoned Language
- Deerhoof - Friend Opportunity
- Deerhunter - Cryptograms
- Efterklang - Parades
- Electrelane - No Shouts, No Calls
- Eugene McGuinness - The Early Learnings Of
- Feist - The Reminder
- Field Music - Tones Of Town
- Future of the Left - Curses
- Grinderman - Grinderman
- HEALTH - Health
- Jamie T - Panic Prevention
- Jens Lekman - Night Falls Over Kortedala
- Justice - Cross
- Klaxons - Myths Of The Near Future
- LCD Soundsystem - Sound Of Silver
- Les Savy Fav - Let's Stay Friends
- Liars - Liars
- M.I.A. - Kala
Mathew Sawyer and the Ghosts -
Blue Birds Blood
Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before
The Ship Even Sank
- No Age - Weirdo Rippers
of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You
- PJ Harvey - White Chalk
- Panda Bear - Person Pitch
- Pinback - Autumn Of The Seraphs
- Prefuse 73 - Preparations
- Radiohead – In Rainbows
The Cribs - Men's Needs, Women's Needs,
- The Maccabees - Colour It In
- The National - Boxer
- The Sea & Cake - Everybody
- The Shins - Wincing The Night Away
The Twilight Sad - Fourteen Autumns
and Fifteen Winters
- Thurston Moore - Trees Outside The Academy
- Von Südenfed - Tromatic Reflexxions
- Yeasayer – All Hour Cymbals
And a selection of artists whose albums really did only fall at the final hurdle: The Dillinger Escape Plan, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, The White Stripes, Interpol, Queens of the Stone Age, Machine Head, Biffy Clyro, Do Make Say Think, Dizzee Rascal, Iron & Wine, Wooden Wand, Wooden Shjips, Robert Wyatt, Cornelius, Super Furry Animals, Lucky Pierre, Explosions In The Sky, Spoon, Six Organs Of Admittance, Meet Me In St Louis, Stars, Trans Am, Shady Bard, The Icarus Line, Holy Fuck, The Besnard Lakes, Simian Mobile Disco, El-P, A Sunny Day In Glasgow, The Field, Shellac, Kevin Drew, Patrick Wolf, The Pyramids…
Basically, coming to this 50 was hella tough. So be careful what you click for!